The End of an Era for Maintenance (AMC) Plans
Industry is moving on a rapid phase towards subscription. There is a radical shift from the Asset based model to the “Pay-per-usage” Model. Companies quickly transition from CAPEX based model to OPEX based model. Initially, companies are facing the following challenges due to Maintenance plans (Perpetual licenses):
- Increasing cost of Maintenance contracts (Maintenance renewal plans)
- Increasing CAPEX cost as the need to upgrade the system capabilities to match the upgraded software pre-requisites
- Additional cost of handling new products which is otherwise not included as a part of the perpetual plan
- Integration with Cloud is a difficult task with Maintenance plans
Effective January 31, 2016, Autodesk stopped its perpetual license sales as most of the consumers started migrating to subscription. What is my option now considering the spend I made with perpetual licenses and to keep abreast of competition in the market.
Switch to Subscription:
Make the move to subscription and enjoy greater benefits.
- You can switch your Maintenance plan to Subscription without even uninstalling or reinstalling.
- You will be provided with visibility of 10 years of your spending which will be much more worthwhile considering your spend on your current maintenance plans and investment on additional hardware for the growing demands. Continue enjoying discounted pricing for the next 10 years.
- Secure your data even after your subscription term expires
- Access to latest software at ease
- Simpler and effective software management
- Ease of access to technical support from Autodesk
- Access to previous 4 versions of Autodesk software
- Ease of upgrading your software
- Can be used online or offline and on desktop or on cloud
Switch to subscription at ease by reaching us at firstname.lastname@example.org